“Protect your family now. Make a plan. Be Ready.” These are compelling words on the home page of survivormall.com, which specializes in “Emergency Supplies and Survival Kits for Disaster Preparedness.”
In these days of rapidly accelerating moral decay, clever deceit and unmitigated evil of all kinds in government, business, education, churches, media and personal lives in general, we must seriously consider how not just to survive, but how to prepare ourselves for living wisely in the “perilous times” (II Timothy 3:1a) in which we find ourselves.
Here’s checklist which may be helpful to you:
- Get away from bad food—Daniel and his friends refused to eat the king’s food and drink the king’s drink (Daniel 1:8). “Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat (Proverbs 23:3).” Stop drinking soda and eating highly processed, attractive junk foods available at restaurants and grocery stores. Avoid GMOs. Go for the foods God made for us—organic fruits, vegetables, herbs (Genesis 1:29) and possibly good, clean grass fed or free range meat products. Get a good water purifier and keep extra water on hand. Educate yourself on and start taking high quality vitamin and mineral supplements.
- Plant a garden—Get information on organic gardening and start a garden even if it is a small one. Learn how to freeze, can, dehydrate and otherwise preserve the food you grow. Stock up! If you live in an apartment, you can grow some herbs near a window or some veggies on your patio or balcony. You can even learn to make your own herbal medicines.
- Get off the grid—As much as you can, be prepared for when the power goes out. Purchase a back-up generator. Secure access to a good supply of pure water. Have extra-long life batteries on hand for high quality flashlights, gas or lamp oil for your lamps. Get a wood stove (before the EPA lays down any more ridiculous restrictions) and stock up on wood to at least provide some back-up heat if your furnace goes out in the winter.
- Move?—Consider moving away from the city to the country, not to hide out, but to raise your own food, supply your own home heating fuel (wood), and enjoy life with more time in the great outdoors. It will be a lot of work and you may have to make a lot of adjustments in your household budget, but there will be many wonderful rewards for your diligence.
- Get your guns—Research and purchase firearms and ammunition best suited to your hunting and personal protection needs. Take the appropriate gun safety and permit to carry courses. Who knows what further illegal gun control measures are coming down the line.
- Set your house in order—Make sure you have a proper will and competent estate plan. Don’t procrastinate on this! It is a very important part of your stewardship. Your estate plan will bless your survivors and save them a ton of unnecessary expenses, confusion and trouble after you are gone.
- Fret not; fear not—In view of all the multilevel demonic activities of evildoers in our world, it’s easy to get into a fretful and fearful state of mind. Don’t go there! If you are there now, get out! Psalm 37:1-40 puts so much of what we are facing in proper perspective and is so encouraging! Included in this passage are v. 1– “Fret not thyself because of evildoers… v. 7″…fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” Vv. 38-40—”But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off. But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.” Psalm 112:7—”He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.”
- Be right with God—Most of all, make sure you have a genuine, personal trust in the Lord Jesus Christ! Get and stay before Him and His Word. Recognize and reject all the lies of Satan you may have believed. Confess and forsake all known sin. Forgive as you are forgiven. Let the truth set you free. Hear His voice and do what He tells you at the right time, at the right place, with the right people, with the right attitude. Watch and pray. Love God, love people. Reach the lost. Make disciples. Stand up and speak out against what is wrong and for what is right. If you are in a dead, corrupted church—leave and find a truly biblical one, or get together with other true remnant believers to pray, study God’s Word and serve together. Live the time of your life in the light of eternity. Anticipate and prepare for the return of Jesus Christ in shock-and-awe power, with great glory, as Judge and conquering King (Revelation 19:11-16)!
God has called and prepared us to live victoriously in these crucial days. He is our Protector, our Provider, and our Defender. No matter where He has us living and what He has doing, the most secure, the very best place on earth is in His gracious will!
“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song I will praise hm.” -Psalm 28:7