The targeting of Conservative and Tea Party groups by the Internal Revenue Service was a criminal act by the DC government that should have resulted in people losing their jobs and being criminally prosecuted. It didn’t. However, a federal judge has issued an order to the IRS to clear up their backlog of applicants seeking non-profit status they are sitting on in the aftermath of the targeting. He’s giving them till November 11, 2016 to complete the process.
The Washington Times reports:
A federal judge has ordered the IRS to finally clean up the tea party targeting mess, giving the tax agency less than a month to decide on a handful of applications that are still pending more than three years after officials first admitted they were targeting the conservative groups and subjecting them to intrusive scrutiny.
The IRS also must file a brief detailing the steps it has taken to prevent further targeting and to make sure the tea party groups don’t face any more fallout from the stigma of having been singled out in the first place, U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said in an order issued late Friday.
Judge Walton ordered final decisions on two applications that have been pending for years and said four other groups that had withdrawn their applications amid the unconstitutional targeting can resubmit and the IRS must decide on those, too, by Nov. 11.
Judge Walton referred to the Albuquerque Tea Party, who have been waiting seven years (since December 2009), and Unite in Action, who have been waiting since 2010, for their applications to be approved as an “exorbitant period of time” to complete the process.
“These determinations should have been made by now,” Judge Walton said.
Of course, the Obama lapdogs in the Justice Department justified the continued delay.
“We can’t rush, or not rush, the process,” said Justice Department lawyer Joseph Sergi, who is defending the IRS.
After being confronted by the Judge over the ridiculous amount of time it has taken, Sergi concurred with the judge that it had taken too long.
While the order does not mean that the remaining groups with applications filed with the IRS will be approved, it does mean a determination is required by the IRS by November 11.
I honestly detest the IRS, as they are not a constitutional agency. I detest the taxation by the DC government, even with representation, and I do it based on what I see in Scripture, taxation came upon the people because they would not serve God as king, but rather wanted a man in His place (1 Sam. 8:5-6). It was a rejection of God Himself (1 Sam. 8:7). God warned them what would happen (1 Sam. 8:10-17).
Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them. And Samuel told all the words of the LORD unto the people that asked of him a king.
- And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.
- And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.
- And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.
- And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.
- And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.
- And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.
- He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.
Samuel finally told them what God said they would eventually do as the result of the tyranny and what He would do in return. “And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day” (1 Sam. 8:18).
It’s a shame when people put their trust in government rather than in the Creator. When they do, they practically look to the State as God and to it as the lawgiver, which results in them becoming slaves to tyranny, whether it is a single king or hundreds of representatives, czars and other bureaucrats.
This IRS fiasco is just another example of the tyranny that results when men abandon biblical principles. Even if you don’t agree with me on biblical principles, read your Constitution and determine whether or not your money and the debt you are being plunged into via taxation is even lawful.