Following the cowardly and tyrannical actions of Virginia Governor Ralph Northam do declare a “state of emergency” because he is propagandizing the people by saying “armed militia groups plan to storm the capitol,” Gun Owners of America (GOA) and the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) have filed an emergency injunction against Northam ahead of Monday’s Lobby Day saying that his actions are “illegitimate and cannot be allowed to stand.”
According to GOA’s Erich Pratt, “His action infringes on both the First and Second Amendment rights of Virginians who wish to peaceably assemble to petition their government, while at the same time not surrendering their right to self-defense.”
- Northam Declares State of Emergency in Virginia Because “Armed Militia Groups Plan to Storm the Capitol”
- Virginia: Huge Pro-Gun Crowd Shows Up To Protest – Legislature Pulls Gun Confiscation Bill
- Watch Virginia’s “Representatives” Conspire Against The People They Serve (Video)
- Virginia Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties Invited To Join West Virginia By Senate
Pratt reminds people that the rally has been held annually for years without any such incident.
“This rally is held annually with thousands of participants and without incident,” he wrote. “The only difference this year is that, in response to the Democrats’ attempt to eviscerate the Second Amendment, a much larger crowd is expected.”
Guns in the News reports:
Incredibly, Northam is using the 2017 rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in support of his ban on firearms, ignoring the fact that the unfortunate death that day was a vehicular homicide.
Northam hasn’t made any attempt to ban cars.
Like all gun control, this gun ban could have only negative consequences. If there are, in fact, any bad actors who would attempt to hijack the rally, they would simply ignore the law.
Over the next 24 hours, GOA and VCDL lawyers will be in court fighting the ban.
“We are determined not to let this governor run roughshod over our gun rights,” Pratt said.
Pratt also points out the criminal nature of the governor’s declaration of a state of emergency.
“A 2012 law strictly limits the governor’s ability to ban gun in a state of emergency, and a political rally falls way outside his reach,” said Pratt. “We will fight this power grab and hope you will stand with us.”
- The General Assembly Of Virginia Isn’t Done Trampling The Second Amendment Yet
- Virginia Gun Grabbers Are On The Move – President Donald Trump Silent
- Virginia Gun Grabbers Now Seek Elimination Of Privately Owned Gun Ranges
- Moms Demands Action Will Share Responsibility For Government Actions In Virginia
The Virginia legislature and this tyrannical governor have learned nothing from history and continue to seek to oppress the people to the same point the British did prior to the shot heard round the world due to the British attempt to confiscate the arms of the colonists.
They may just find out the hard way what happens to tyrants when they awaken patriots.
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.