Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was a “reboot” button for an entire state? Because the truth is that if an entire state ever needed to completely start over it is the state of California. At this point, it has become the epicenter for just about everything that is wrong with America, and each year it just keeps coming up with new ways to become an even worse cesspool of social decay and depravity. Millions of people have already left the state, and millions more are thinking of leaving. One recent survey found that 47 percent of all Californians are thinking about moving out of the state in the next five years, and a different survey discovered that 53 percent of those currently living in the state would like to leave. If about half the people in your state are seriously considering leaving, it is safe to say that things have gone horribly wrong. But instead of changing course, those running California continue taking the state down a very self-destructive path.
It is such a shame because California should be one of the greatest places in the world to live. The weather is wonderful most of the year, the state still possesses extraordinary natural beauty, and the tech industry provides plenty of high paying jobs.
When I was growing up, millions of young Americans dreamed of moving there and living “the California dream”, and when I was a young man I seriously explored the possibility of moving there myself.
And the truth is that a lot of great things have come out of the state. The following comes from a recent article by Ann Coulter…
In the last century, every great thing started in California: surfing, jeans, Disneyland, tax revolts, McDonald’s, movies, car culture, the Grateful Dead, right on red turns, Merle Haggard, skateboarding, Apple computer, and the last two elected Republican presidents not named “Bush.”
But now I don’t know why anyone would want to live there.
If you currently live in California, I am about to tell you a whole bunch of reasons why you should leave. In fact, if I could get everybody to leave the state, I would.
However, if you feel specifically called to stay, then that is what you should do. Without a doubt, light is needed the most where things are the darkest, and California needs as much light as it can get right now.
Unfortunately, I believe that it is too late for the state as a whole. It is headed for a date with destiny, and most of the nearly 40 million people that live there have absolutely no idea what is coming.
If you live in the state and you do not know what you should do, I would get out while you still can. The following are 35 reasons why you should move away from California…
1. Incredibly high taxes. At this point, California has the highest marginal tax rate in the entire country.
2. Absurd housing costs.
3. The median home value in the state is now more than half a million dollars, and that is about twice as high as the national average.
4. It has been estimated that it now takes approximately $350,000 a year to live a middle-class lifestyle in the city of San Francisco.
5. Endless wildfires.
6. Epic mudslides.
7. Horrific traffic jams.
8. Los Angeles has the worst traffic congestion in the entire world.
9. The education system is awful.
10. Medical tyranny.
11. One of the highest poverty levels in the United States.
12. Thousands of drug addicts are literally pooping in the streets.
13. Almost half of all the homeless people in the entire nation live in California.
14. The state is literally being overrun by millions of rats.
15. Los Angeles has been ranked as the second most rat-infested city in the country.
16. At this point things are so bad that even Los Angeles City Hall is being overrun by rats.
17. Illegal immigration is out of control, and the sanctuary cities in California are making things even worse.
18. Rising gang activity.
19. High crime rates.
20. There is now a law in California that protects shoplifters. So for those that enjoy shoplifting, this might actually be a reason to move into the state.
21. The drug war that has been raging in Mexico is increasingly spilling across the border.
22. California has been ranked as the worst state in the nation to do business year after year.
23. California is also one of the most litigious states in the entire country.
24. The once pristine beaches in the state are now being “completely overrun with fecal bacteria”.
25. Nancy Pelosi.
26. Kamala Harris.
27. Governor Gavin Newsom.
28. The lieutenant governor, the attorney general, the secretary of state and the state treasurer are all Democrats.
29. Democrats make up nearly two-thirds of the California State Senate.
30. Democrats make up more than two-thirds of the California State Assembly.
31. Both of the U.S. senators and 46 out of the 53 members of the House of Representatives that California sends to Washington are Democrats.
32. Much of the population is openly hostile to those that identify as conservatives.
33. California has been on the cutting edge of America’s moral decay for decades.
34. There have been more than 100,000 earthquakes in the state so far this year.
35. One day the “Big One” will hit California, and the geography of the state will be dramatically altered. The devastation will be unlike anything we have ever witnessed, and the death toll will be unimaginable.
If Donald Trump wins the next presidential election, there is a group of activists in California that plan to get a “Calexit” referendum on the ballot for the following election.
Those activists don’t want to be part of a country that would elect Trump two times, because they consider their values to be completely and utterly incompatible with Trump’s values.
But what is happening in this nation is far bigger than just Trump.
To me, it would be wonderful if the rest of the nation decided that their values were completely and utterly incompatible with California’s values. We desperately need to turn America around, and the way to do that is to head in a completely opposite direction from the way that California is going.
Sadly, it does not appear that is going to happen. California may be racing ahead of most of the rest of the country, but our final destination will be the same.
Article posted with permission from Michael Snyder
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.