A “pincer movement,” otherwise known as a double envelopment, occurs when a military force attacks both flanks of an advancing enemy force simultaneously. At a certain point, only two options remain for the enemy troops; they can either surrender or they can fight to the last man.
Over the last couple of weeks, Obama era DOJ and FBI officials have become the enemy troops surrounded by Congressional investigators on one side and the DOJ Inspector General and his team on the other side. They are starting to feel a bit squeezed as their false narrative starts to unravel.
Due to leaks from the first draft of the IG report, the former drip, drip, drip of information has become a steady stream. Each new piece of information we uncover advances President Trump’s position as it diminishes the credibility of Robert Mueller. Last week’s revelation of (FBI plant) Stefan Halper’s attempts to infiltrate the Trump campaign means that DOJ and FBI officials have irretrievably lost the ability to control the narrative.
Newt Gingrich tells Sean Hannity (please see video below) this is becoming “the biggest and the most sobering political scandal in history.” He explains that this scandal has two different “fronts”: One front is covering up for Hillary Clinton and the other is to stop Donald Trump at any cost.
Gingrich says the reason we’re seeing former officials like John Brennan, James Clapper and Sally Yates go “berserk” is that they’re nervous they will be drawn into this. He believes that felonies are involved and suspects that it even reaches President Obama.
The people at the top were “so corrupt and so arrogant that they thought they could get away with anything. May take a year, a year and a half, because there’s so much of it…Every time we turn around, another piece unravels.”
As I noted two weeks ago, there has been a distinct shift in the public’s perception of the Mueller investigation precipitated by the raid on Michael Cohen’s home and office, the sharp criticism of members of Mueller’s team by the judge in the Paul Manafort case, and the revelations that the FBI officials who interviewed Michael Flynn believed he was telling the truth.
Since then, the bombshell announcement that the FBI arranged for Cambridge professor Stefan Halper to infiltrate the Trump campaign, has pushed this story past the point of no return.
Halper, currently a professor at the University of Cambridge, “served in the White House during the Nixon, Ford and Reagan administrations” and afterward as an FBI official.
“Halper has close personal and professional ties to the CIA reaching back decades. He is the son-in-law of a former deputy director of the agency and worked on the 1980 presidential campaign of George H.W. Bush, who had served as CIA director. When Bush became Ronald Reagan’s running mate, Halper was implicated in a spying scandal in which CIA officials gave inside information on the Carter administration to the GOP campaign.”
“Records show he was paid $282,000 in 2016 and $129,000 in 2017 by the Department of Defense’s Office of Net Assessment — a shadowy think tank that reports directly to the secretary of defense.” It is not certain if these payments were compensation for his spying activities or for something else.
For over a year, Trump supporters have watched helplessly as this farce has played itself out. Those seeking the truth, such as Devin Nunes and even Trump himself, have been ridiculed.
Now, however, officials such as Rod “The DOJ will not be extorted” Rosenstein, James “I don’t recall” Comey and James “It was a good thing for the FBI to spy on Trump” Clapper are the ones in the hot seat.
The entire story is outlined in Sean Hannity’s Monday night opening monologue (video below).
Leaks from the first draft of the IG report have revealed unknown information. The expected release of the final version in the next week or two will tell us much more.
There are so many questions for “all of President Obama’s Men” to answer. Here are only a few:
- Why were Trump associates Sam Clovis, George Papadopoulos and Carter Page targeted? Does this amount to entrapment? Sure looks like it.
- Why did they target Michael Flynn one year before he spoke to the Russian official? In December 2015, Flynn was paid $45,000 to speak at a gala celebrating the 10th anniversary of “Russia Today” and sat next to Vladimir Putin at the head table. Also seated at the table was 2016 Green Party Presidential candidate Jill Stein. Why was Stein never investigated?
- Halper first contacted Carter Page in early July 2016, which contradicts the testimony of James Comey who has claimed that the investigation of Page began in late July. There are even claims it began as early as March. A timeline must be established.
- Was Halper paid to establish contact with members of Trump’s campaign? What was his role? Why did the Department of Defense pay Halper in 2016 and 2017? What were those payments for?
- What did President Obama know about the spy inside the Trump campaign? To quote James Freeman in The Wall Street Journal, “where in the world was Barack Obama?”
- Why did the FBI spy on the Trump campaign? FBI supporters claim it was done for national security reasons. Defending the country. Fox contributor Stuart Varney wonders, “in which case, surely, President Obama was briefed on what was going on. It’s time he was asked “what did you know? And when did you know it?” And, if he was told about it, what did he do? Did he tell ’em to knock it off, this is America! Or did he say, okay, what did you find out?”
As they say in law enforcement, there are 100 ways to get caught for a crime and although you might think of 99 of them, the one you forgot will expose you.
Gingrich repeated an interesting anecdote about a woman who asked Ben Franklin the meaning of the U.S. Constitution. Franklin replied, “It means that we have a republic…if we can keep it.”
Gingrich reminds us that, “This is one of those great tests in American history. Corruption came close to destroying the liberties you and I believe in.” Frighteningly close.
Article posted with permission from Freedom Outpost
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.