There is not, nor can there ever be, any “common ground” between Islam and the Christian faith.
For Christian leaders and Christians to accept common ground or a common word with Muslims,
- they must accept that Muhammad was a prophet of God Almighty;
- that Muhammad was superior to Christ;
- that Jesus did not have a divine nature;
- that Miriam, Moses’ and Aaron’s sister gave birth to Jesus, because that is what Allah revealed;
- that Jesus was not part of God’s plan for mankind;
- that there is no salvation through Jesus Christ;
- that Allah is just another name for the One and Only True God of the Bible;
- that God, through Muhammad, reversed His plan of Salvation through Jesus Christ;
- that Jesus is not Lord and Savior, or the Son of God;
- that God’s love is conditional (because Allah’s love is);
- that God hates the sinner, but loves the sin;
- that it is God that causes one to sin;
- that God desires to send all people to hell, because Allah does;
- believe the lie that Muslims are commanded to “love their neighbors” (it does not exist in the Qur’an or teachings of Muhammad);
- that Jesus was not crucified or raised from the dead in the resurrection;
- that we achieve God’s favor through our works and not by faith;
- that there is no assurance of salvation;
- that heaven is a place of personal gratification and perversion;
- that the Holy Spirit does not exist or play a role in the life of a Christian;
- and many other Biblical truths would have to be rejected.
Jesus said, “. . . false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect” (Matthew 24:24).
Apparently, we are in those times, because more and more Christian leaders and their followers are being deceived by the wiles of the devil.
The Apostle Paul, in his second letter to the church of the Thessalonians, wrote, “and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness” (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12).
Many leaders in the Christian church as well as in Christian colleges, universities and seminaries are being deceived by the evil one. In their desire to see harmony between Christians, Jews and Muslims, they are casting aside foundational principles and teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Although Jesus called His followers to love all people, He did not call them to cast aside wisdom, understanding and discernment of the devil’s tactics, nor to make an alliance with evil.
By making alliances with Muslims, Christians are choosing to embrace an anti-Christ ideology that seeks to lead people away from the truth of the Gospel of Christ and His saving work on the cross.
Instead of preaching the truth to Muslims, they seek to find non-existent “common ground” that perverts the true word of God and condone the devil’s alternate and false gospel.
Paul also wrote to his protégé, Timothy, warning him about deceiving spirits in the End Times. “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron” (1 Timothy 4:1-2).
Unfortunately, too many Christian leaders, in an effort to be more in line with the world and to be politically correct, are abandoning the teachings and doctrines of the Christian faith and are succumbing to deceiving spirits and the doctrines of demons.
In an attempt to bring peace between Muslims and the Christian world, there is a desperate move to acquiesce to the satanic faith of Islam.
This will not bear forth good fruit, but only more deception and weakening of the Christian faith.
“Do not be deceived,” the Apostle Paul wrote, “God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap” (Galatians 6:7).
Excerpted, in part, from the author’s book, “Understanding Islam in the Light of Christianity.”
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.