On Tuesday, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban spoke to a crowd in Budapest during the Second International Conference on Christian Persecution, and told them that Christians who are currently being protected from persecution may actually rise up and save Europe tomorrow.
“I’m convinced that in order to save Europe, those who could provide us with the biggest help are those whom we’re helping right now,” Orban said. “We’re sowing a seed, giving the persecuted what they need and getting back from them the Christian faith, love, and persistence.”
As a strong proponent of Christianity, in the spirit of the Reformation, Orban said that due to Hungary’s Christian identity, the people were obligated to help other Christian communities.
“Hungarians believe Christian values lead to peace and happiness, and this is why our Constitution states that protection of Christianity is an obligation for the Hungarian state,” he said.
“It obligates us to protect Christian communities throughout the world who suffer persecution,” Mr Orbán added.
“Russia Insider reports:
Orbán contrasted the large number of Christians among those who suffer for their faith with the indifference of most of Europe.
‘Four out of five people persecuted for their faith are Christians and some 245 million Christians around the globe suffer extreme persecution, and yet Europe remains silent again and again.
European politicians seem paralyzed and unable to do anything, insisting that it is all a matter of human rights.’
The Hungarian Prime Minister argued that Christian persecution is not only an attack on people but on an entire culture, ‘including here in Europe.’
This persecution is sometimes violent but sometimes more subtle, including population exchange through mass migration, stigmatization, mockery, and the muzzle of political correctness.
Orbán said also that Western Europe’s indiscriminate acceptance of mass migration is a time bomb for the future.
‘Western Europe has already provided dozens of militants to the Islamic State, and uncontrolled immigration has produced a radical change in the demographics of the population,’ he said.
The Prime Minister said that the only solution is for Europe to discover its Christian roots and reaffirm its Christian identity.
By April this year, the Hungarian initiative had given the equivalent of $26,200,752 to Christians living and working in their home countries, which include five Middle Eastern and two sub-Saharan nations.
According to Breitbart, the Hungarian Prime Minister stressed the important role Christian Hungary has to play in the world. ’Hungarians make up only 0.02 percent of the world’s population, so how much difference can it make? Is it worth it?’ Orbán asked. He answered his own question by reflecting on the 12 apostles who, though small in number, changed the world with the Good News.
‘Standing up for our persecuted brothers and sisters engenders courage in us and others,’ Orbán continued. ‘When we raised Aid to Persecuted Christians to the level of a government ministry, who would have known how it would grow and influence others?’
Orban has been one of the very few Christian representatives who has been unwavering when it comes to standing on this foundation. Here’s a few examples of previous stands.
- Hungarian PM on 500th Anniversary of Protestant Reformation: “That which serves the glory of God is the best for the people”
- Hungary’s PM Viktor Orban: “Everyone should be wary of the idea of Islam being part of any European country”
- Hungary PM Viktor Orban Vows to “Fight Those Who Want to Change the Christian Identity of Europe”
- Hungarian PM Orban: Who Cares What Brussels Wants- We Are Going To Defend Our Borders And That Is Final
- ‘Help The Christians First And Then Sink The Boats With Invading Muslims’- Hungarian PM Orban Doubles Down Against Islam In The Face Of EU Threats
- Hungarian Prime Minister Hits Nail On The Head: Refugees Are Actually “Muslim Invaders”
- Hungary Bans Gender Studies Because It Is ‘An Ideology Not A Science’
- Hungarian Prime Minister: George Soros is a “Public Enemy”
- This Border Wall Reduced Illegal Immigration By Over 99%
- Sweden Prepares to Deport Christian Convert to Iran – Hungary Offers Asylum
PM Orban puts his money where his mouth is. He not only declares right things but seeks to do right things.
I wish America had more people that would do rather than just say!
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.