Obama’s executive amnesty has already been determined to be unlawful and unconstitutional. US District Judge Andrew Hanen placed an injunction against the Obama administration concerning its illegal executive amnesty back in March and continued to uphold it into April, even though the administration sought an appeal. Now, the administration admits to violating the order by approving at least 2,000 illegal alien applications for amnesty.
The Washington Times reports:
President Obama’s lawyers admitted to a federal judge late Thursday that they had broken the court’s injunction halting the administration’s new deportation amnesty, issuing thousands of work permits even after Judge Andrew S. Hanen had ordered the program stopped.
The stunning admission, filed just before midnight in Texas, where the case is being heard, is the latest misstep for the administration’s lawyers, who are facing possible sanctions by Judge Hanen for their continued problems in arguing the case.
The Justice Department lawyers said Homeland Security, which is the defendant in the case, told them Wednesday that an immigration agency had approved about 2,000 applications for three-year work permits, which was part of Mr. Obama’s new amnesty, even after Judge Hanen issued his Feb. 16 injunction halting the entire program.
Top Obama officials, including Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, had repeatedly assured Congress they had fully halted the program and were complying with the order.
So, we have criminals admitting to their crimes and continue to walk the streets, collect their paychecks and thumb their nose at the judge without consequence.
Judge Hanen has already threatened the attorneys with sanctions for committing perjury in his court after they admitted that more than 100,000 amnesty applications had already been approved illegally. Will he now make good on those threats?
Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA) said, “The last time I checked, injunctions are not mere suggestions. They are not optional. This disregard for the court’s action is unacceptable and disturbing, especially after Secretary Johnson’s assurances that his agency would honor the injunction.”
In a letter to Homeland Secretary Jeh Johnson, Grassley asked why DHS approved 100,000 applications for expanded deferred action before February 18, 2015, even though the Department told a federal court that it would not implement Obama’s executive order expanding the deferred deportation program before that date. He also referenced the numerous times the attorneys were not honest about the department’s activities.
As a result, Grassley requested the following:
- All communications within or between DHS and USCIS relating to the implementation of the policies set forth in Secretary Johnson’s November 20, 2014, DHS Directive, including, but not limited to, communications regarding the timing of such implementation.
- All communications between the White House and DHS or USCIS relating to the implementation of the policies set forth in Secretary Johnson’s November 20, 2014, DHS Directive, including, but not limited to, communications regarding the timing of such implementation.
- All instructions and memoranda sent to USCIS Field Offices, USCIS personnel involved in the processing of DACA initial application, renewal, and work authorization forms (such as I-821D and I-765), and/or USCIS Directorates and Program Offices concerning implementation of the DHS Directive, including, but not limited to, the timing of such implementation.
- All questions or comments DHS or USCIS received from any DHS or USCIS personnel concerning the scope or implementation of the DHS Directive, including, but not limited to, questions or comments concerning the timing of such implementation.
- All communications within or between DHS and USCIS relating to the potential or actual effects of the States’ lawsuit on the implementation of the DHS Directive, and any actions to be taken in response. 10 Order 2-3, ECF No. 226. 11 Order 3, 6, ECF No. 226. 12 Sarah Flores and Cameron Langford, Judge in Immigration Case Questions Trust in Obama, COURTHOUSE NEWS SERVICE, Mar. 19, 2015. Secretary Johnson and Director Rodriguez April 27, 2015 Page 4 of 4
- All communications between the White House and DHS or USCIS relating to the potential or actual effects of the States’ lawsuit on the implementation of the DHS Directive, and any actions to be taken in response.
- Any reports or other data to or from USCIS Field Offices, USCIS personnel involved in the processing of DACA applications or renewals, and/or USCIS Directorates and Program Offices documenting grants of three-year DACA approvals and work authorizations –for both initial applications and renewals– from November 20, 2014 through February 18, 2015.
- All communications between DHS or USCIS and the Justice Department concerning when USCIS would begin implementing the DHS Directive, including, but not limited to, when USCIS would begin granting three-year DACA periods for both new applications and renewals.
According to the letter, that information is supposed to be supplied to the Senate Judiciary Committee by Monday, May 11.
For Judge Hanen’s part, The Times reported, “Judge Hanen said he was surprised that the three-year applications were being approved, since he thought the administration had told him none of the new program was in effect.”
Obama attorney’s said apologized for leaving a wrong impression, but said it wasn’t their intent to mislead.
Intent is not the issue here. Actions are. Actions are punishable. Intentions are not.
It seems to me that these lawyers will not learn a lesson unless they are dealt with judicially and promptly arrested and charged. Furthermore, the criminals surrounding the criminal-in-chief will not learn either unless justice is brought swiftly upon them. This is the reason their crimes continue to be more blatant.
While he’s at it, I hope Judge Hanen will also deal with the issue of the usurper-in-chief’s fraudulent social security number, which he also had documents on in his possession.