Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

“Scrubs” & “Californication” TV Producer Eric Weinberg Charged With Multiple Counts Of Rape & Sexual Battery

Written by:

Published on: October 6, 2022

Veteran television producer Eric Weinberg has been arrested and charged with eighteen counts of rape, sexual battery and false imprisonment by violence.

The Guardian reports:

The 61-year-old was initially arrested at his Los Angeles home in July and released on $3.2m bond. On Tuesday, he was arrested again and later released on $5m bond.

“The defendant relied on his Hollywood credentials to lure young women for photo shoots where he allegedly sexually assaulted them,” LA district attorney George Gascón said at a press conference on Wednesday. “Power and influence can corrupt some to hurt others that often leads to a lifetime of trauma for those who are victimised.”

The 18 charges against Weinberg relate to a series of sexual assaults that police allege occurred between 2014 and 2019. On Wednesday, prosecutors said “dozens” of women had come forward since news of Weinberg’s arrest in July first broke, when he was charged with more counts of sexual assault, dating back to 2012.

In the indictment, police allege Weinberg singled out women in their 20s and 30s “in grocery stores, coffee shops and other public places” and would attempt to convince them to participate in a photo shoot. If the women agreed, police said he then allegedly assaulted them during photo shoots organised in his home.

The 18 charges announced on Wednesday include six counts of sexual penetration by use of force, four counts of oral copulation, three counts of forcible rape, two counts of sexual battery by restraint, one count of assault by means of force likely to cause great bodily injury, one count of attempted sexual penetration by use of force, and one count of false imprisonment by violence.

Gascón said his office asked that Weinberg remain in detention without bail but that a judge denied the request. Weinberg is now out of custody ahead of his arraignment on 25 October.

“If you’re wealthy, you get to bail out. If you’re poor, you get to stay in regardless of the seriousness of the offense,” said Gascón.

“We’re hoping that there are other victims out there that will come forward. We know there are many more,” he added.

In September, nearly two dozen women accused Weinberg of a variety of sexual assaults to The Hollywood Reporter.

Last month, police arrested the ‘Scrubs’ and ‘Californication’ writer-producer on 20 charges of sexual assault, including rape. Speaking publicly for the first time, his alleged victims share their stories and reveal how they came together to seek justice: “He’s taken everything he’s allowed to take from me.”

These women alleged more than mere sexual assault, some believe it to have been rape and after reading several accounts, I agree.

What’s more is, and not surprising, one of the women went to the Los Angeles Police Department and they basically did nothing.

Finally, for whatever reason, Weinberg was arrested and charged.  We’ll see if anything resembling justice occurs.  Again, prison at taxpayer expense, along with the victims paying for his upkeep is not justice for rape.

Become an insider!

Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.

Don't forget to like SonsOfLibertyMedia.com on Facebook and Twitter.
The opinions expressed in each article are the opinions of the author alone and do not necessarily reflect those of SonsOfLibertyMedia.com.

Trending on The Sons of Liberty Media

Newsletter SignupStay up to date on the latest news: Sign up for the Sons of Liberty newsletter!

Stay up to date on the latest news: Sign up for the Sons of Liberty newsletter!