Lately, when I lead Bible studies I tell folks that I look at Scriptures as an agricultural book, a military book and a land title grant. Your Bible is not a doctrine, dogma or a denomination book; It’s not even a religious book. After all, there are only two seeds in the Beginning: The seed of the serpent and the Seed of the woman (Gen. 3:15), and there is enmity between the two! The Creator put it there, so the two will never co-exist! There will always be a war as one wants to kill the other!
The reason we have ADHD ‘Christianity’ is because the enemy has sown his seed of discord from the Beginning and we have been playing religion, doctrine, denomination and dogma. It’s like he, (the bad guy) is playing 3 dimensional chess and we’re playing checkers. We think we got the game won and we do not even understand that it’s not checkers, but a game of chess! He’ll let us win at checkers every time, all the while, destroying our families, ourselves, our witness, our communities and our countries! Hmmm, isn’t his objective to steal, kill and destroy? All the while, we la-ti-da and say, King me! As Dr. Phil says, “How’s that working for ya?” From a quick observation, it sure doesn’t look like we are destroying the works of the enemy, like our Leader did (1John 3:8).
So what do you think the problem is? Do you think the enemy slipped into our camp somewhere along the way and said, “Psssst, stay away from that Old Testament stuff that was done away with, walk in grace, and enjoy yourself. Here, have a seat, worship, pray, give money, go home, enjoy life…”? All the while, Our Father is crying out, pleading, sobbing for us to turn to His ways (Proverbs 1:20-33). When we walk in His Way, He blesses us and defeats the enemy, just like He promised. Obedience produces the blessings, not just belief. Belief without behavior is nothing more than a warm fuzzie, and warm fuzzies get mown down in battle. Look around us! Don’t tell me that you read the end of the book and we win. Have you read the front of the book to understand how that battle will unfold? Tim LaHaye‘s novels are a cheap excuse for God’s Word. He said that He tells us about the end, from the Beginning (Isaiah 46 9-10).
So what are we to do? Walk in ‘do do’, thus the title of this article. The problem with modern day believers, is they don’t do what The Book says do. They just believe, and that may be all one needs. I’m not The Judge. However, I think more are realizing and saying to themselves, “Hmmmm, there’s got to be more than go to church on Sunday, Wednesday and the annual Revival for 4 days, all the while my family falls apart, my community fall apart, our country falls apart, and the whole world falls apart.”
What are we not doing? We’re not walking in ‘Do-Do’! Someone, lied to us. Hear me clear, do we have to do these things in order to be saved? No! You should want to do them because you are saved! This is not about Law versus Grace! That’s checkers. Grace has always been there since The Beginning! We’re talking 3-D chess! Grasp this and you’ll see the Gospel is so much more than just “getting saved.” There’s a war on and folks are going to get killed.
If only 10 righteous could have saved the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, don’t you want to be one of the righteous to spare your friends and family from what’s coming to your town? Walk in ‘Do-do’!
There are so many verses that communicate the idea of “If you Do, Then…” I’ll try to choose just five to prove my point. I ask you to share what you find as you grow and see these verses. There are a lot of folks looking, but they don’t see it yet. They will, and they will need help from those who have been walking in ‘do-do’ to guide them along the Way that leads to Life!
- Want security? (Lev 25:18) “Therefore you shall do my statutes and keep my rules and do them, and then you will dwell in the land securely.”
- Want Wisdom and Understanding? (Wonder why the USA ain’t what she used to be?) (Deu 4:6) “Keep them and do them, for that will be your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who, when they hear all these statutes, will say, ‘Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.'”
- Want prosperity? (Deu 29:9) “Therefore keep the words of this covenant and do them that you may prosper in all that you do.”
- More prosperity? , (Jos 1:7) “Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.” (And your teacher/preacher told you the Law (Torah) of Moses was done away with? Did he also ask you for your money in the form of tithe too? Hmm, who’s getting rich off that kind of belief system?)
- Hey Rick, got a New Testament verse for me, ’cause you know we’re a New Testament church? How about James 1:23-25. “For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.”
I got plenty more, as you should too. There are plenty of verses that give us admonition if we don’t do! I encourage you to do according to His Word, not according to your religion, your belief, your doctrine, your denomination, your dogma. Keep in mind Psalm 111:20, “A good understanding have all they that do his commandments.”
Do you love Him? I think you do. “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is begotten of God: and whosoever loves him that begat loves him also that is begotten of him. Hereby we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and do his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we do his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous (1Jn 5:1).”
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.