Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Trump Admin Drops The Ball Again: DOJ Announces Case Against Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe “Closed”

Written by:

Published on: February 14, 2020

I honestly don’t know what it is going to take for people to wake up that this administration has no real intention of bringing to justice the criminals in our government.  First, the Trump Justice Department announced it found nothing on Hillary Clinton in January.  Now, the second shoe has dropped.  This time it’s former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.  While people like Roger Stone are facing a prison sentence for allegedly lying, the case against McCabe is now closed, according to the DOJ.

WND reports:

A lawyer for the U.S. Department of Justice has told counsel for McCabe that an investigation – in light of possible criminal charges – into his lying while he was at the agency now is “closed.”

Fox reported it obtained a copy of a letter from DOJ lawyer J.P. Cooney to Michael Bromwich, a representative for McCabe, affirming that it was shutting down the review of confirmation from the agency’s independent watchdog that McCabe lacked “candor” when questioned about leaks to the media.

Trending: COVID-19 Roadmap: 12 Step Plan To Create A Totalitarian “New World Order” – We’re On Number 8, Headed Towards Number 9!

“We write to inform you that, after careful consideration, the government has decided not to pursue criminal charges against your client, Andrew G. McCabe,” Cooney said in the letter.

“Based on the totality of the circumstances and all of the information known to the government at this time, we consider the matter closed.”

Back in January, The Washington Examiner reported that the DOJ was considering prosecuting McCabe over leaks.

The dozens of pages of previously secret documents detail the FBI’s internal inquiry into the bureau’s then-No. 2, including a May 2017 discussion in which McCabe denied being the source of a leak about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a follow-up meeting in August 2017 where he reversed himself and admitted he’d greenlighted the disclosure.

The records were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a left-leaning watchdog group that has been fighting in court for access to the DOJ and FBI documents connected to McCabe’s firing.

DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz released a report detailing multiple instances where McCabe “lacked candor” with FBI Director James Comey, FBI investigators, and inspector general investigators about his authorization to leak to the Wall Street Journal sensitive information revealing the existence of an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Comey said he did not permit McCabe to tell the media, and Horowitz wrote McCabe’s actions were “designed to advance his personal interests at the expense of Department leadership” and “violated the FBI’s and the Department’s media policy and constituted misconduct.”

McCabe was fired and is suing the DOJ for wrongful termination, seeking to regain his job and back pay, claiming President Trump was behind the firing.

The newly released documents reveal McCabe was apologetic during his reversal to Horowitz’s team, telling an FBI supervisory special agent questioning him he authorized the article.

“Sir, you understand that we put a lot of work into this based on what you’ve told us … long nights and weekends working on trying to find out who amongst your ranks of trusted people would do something like that,” the special agent said.

McCabe looked down, nodded, and said, “Yeah, I’m sorry.”

The FBI special agent said, “Things had suddenly changed 180 degrees with this” and essentially ended the questioning because of McCabe’s admission, shifting his status from a victim or witness to a possible subject of the investigation.

“It’s either not a leak, or it’s a leak — and then you’re the subject of it,” the special agent said.

I have tried to tell people nothing would come of any of this.  It was all diversionary in order to push the electorate towards Trump, believing he would eventually deliver the justice he promised America.

I’d be willing to bet there’s no justice coming for former FBI Director James Comey or the usurper Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro Sobarkah, former Vice President Joe Biden, his son or other family members and certainly not for those Trump referred to as “evil,” “wicked,” and “corrupt” following his acquittal in the Senate.

It’s easier for the federal government to find you or me guilty of some crime than it is for them to actually bring justice to people in our government that we have documentation exposing their crimes.

Are you paying attention, America?

Become an insider!

Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.

Don't forget to like SonsOfLibertyMedia.com on Facebook, Google+, & Twitter.
The opinions expressed in each article are the opinions of the author alone and do not necessarily reflect those of SonsOfLibertyMedia.com.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Trending on The Sons of Liberty Media

Send this to a friend