This is exactly right! In a tweet on Monday, President Donald Trump said warned those in the migrant caravan headed for the US/Mexico border that they would not be allowed to cross illegally and encouraged them to go through the legal process. “This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!” the president wrote.
Already, there was talk of President Trump sending 800 US troops to help out Border Patrol logistically. Now, some reports are indicating that as many as 5,200 may be sent to stop the caravan of migrants from crossing into the country illegally.
USA Today reports:
WASHINGTON – Just one week shy of the midterm elections, the Pentagon will deploy at least 5,200 active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border in an effort to prevent members of a migrant caravan from illegally entering the country, the Department of Defense announced Monday.
About 2,100 National Guard troops already were fanned out across the border under an order from President Donald Trump this year. In recent weeks, the president has been warning repeatedly about the dangers posed by the caravan of mostly Central American migrants, which stands at about 3,500 people after 1,700 of them filed asylum applications in Mexico or accepted assistance to return to their home countries.
Administration officials said last week that they were considering a plan to send up to 1,000 active-duty troops to the border, but that deployment, dubbed Operation Faithful Patriot, will now surpass 5,200, said Gen. Terrence O’Shaughnessy, commander of U.S. Northern Command. He said the number of troops could rise depending on the demands placed on U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents manning the border.
“That is just the start of this operation,” O’Shaughnessy said during a news conference at CBP headquarters in Washington on Monday. “Border security is national security.”
On Monday, President Trump said that there were “some very bad people” mixed into the caravan.
“Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border,” he tweeted.
“Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process,” Trump added.
Then he warned, “This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!”
I’m actually glad to hear President Trump use the word “invasion” because this is exactly what this is.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan backed up the president’s comments.
“Our message to the organizers and the participants in the caravan is simple: As the president and (Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen) Nielsen have made clear, we will not allow a large group to enter the United States in an illegal and unsafe manner,” he said.
Mac Slavo points out:
Legally, the US is required to allow the migrants to apply for asylum. When the last caravan reached the border in April, the majority of the people (401 individuals) did apply for legal asylum at ports of entry. Some (122) were caught trying to enter illegally.
Currently the caravan is an estimated 7,000 people, but that number is expected to drop by several thousand by December.
Well, my hope is that no one is actually hurt in the process and that these people heed the president’s warning. However, America must do what it must do to see that the invasion, which has been going on across both Republican and Democrat administrations of years, stops.
Article posted with permission from Freedom Outpost
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.