The Communists in Virginia posing as the people’s representatives and governor snubbed their noses at the people of Virginia, the Second Amendment and the US Constitution following Lobby Day this year just as I predicted they would, and eventually, it’s going to come to a head where armed Virginians will inevitably have to use those arms that they keep and bear lawfully to end the tyranny that is growing in Virginia. Just weeks after Lobby Day, the legislature has passed a semi-automatic gun, high capacity magazine and suppressor ban.
Guns In The News has the story.
Tuesday, the Virginia House of Delegates passed HB 961, Governor Northam’s ban on so-called “assault weapons”, standard capacity magazines and suppressors.
THREE DEMOCRATS VOTED NO – DELEGATES CARTER, HERETICK, AND TYLER. PLEASE CONTACT THEM AND THANK THEM FOR VOTING NO ON THIS UNCONSTITUTIONAL BILL.
Delegate Kelly K. Convirs-Fowler did not vote. This vote now heads to the Senate. VSSA is concentrating on Senators Lewis, Petersen, Deeds and Edwards to help defeat this bill. Three of those are members of Senate Judiciary. If it is reported from Senate Judiciary, only two of those are needed to defeat the bill on the floor. Please contact them and politely ask them to vote oppose HB961. If you use AR-15 or similar rifles in competition, please share that information with the Senators and let them know. If you are not a competitive shooter, and would like some information that can be helpful in contacting your Senator, you can find some great information that you can use in your emails by clicking here.
- Virginia: Tyrants Ignore The People’s Protest – Continues Gun Confiscation Frenzy With 9 More Bills
- Less Than a Year Ago These Prominent Democrats Called for Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s Resignation
- Virginia’s Second Amendment Rally & The Media’s Narrative Spin
- Virginia: Lexington & Concord Redux
- Additionally, GITN reported:
Though the committee amended the bill to allow citizens to keep currently owned firearms and suppressors, confiscation is undoubtedly still the end goal.
There is no option for citizens to keep their lawfully acquired magazines with capacities greater than twelve rounds, forcing millions of Virginians to dispose of their property, become a criminal, or surrender them to the government.
This, my friends, is ex post facto law and is just as lawless as their communist-style gun ban.
GITN also reported on the suppressor ban part of the legislation.
The suppressor provisions of House Bill 961 were amended in Committee on Friday, removing the confiscation provision that was previously included. Should the bill become law, anyone who possesses a federally registered suppressor in Virginia prior to July 1st would be able to legally maintain possession of their property. However, the acts of importing, selling, manufacturing, and purchasing suppressors would be prohibited for civilians after enactment. For this reason, among others, HB 961 remains a bill that the American Suppressor Association strongly opposes.
The relevant suppressor language, which was passed by the House, reads:
Delegate Dave LaRock, a Republican who serves the 33rd District took to Twitter to condemn the legislation.
“And just like that, Virginia House Democrats vote to make millions of Virginians surrender their property or become criminals. If the Senate goes along with this nonsense, the Governor will sign it, and then AG Herring will spend YOUR $$$ to defend this unconstitutional overreach,” he tweeted.
And just like that, Virginia House Democrats vote to make millions of Virginians surrender their property or become criminals. If the Senate goes along with this nonsense, the Governor will sign it, and then AG Herring will spend YOUR $$$ to defend this unconstitutional overreach pic.twitter.com/GXSs7JaO9p
— Delegate Dave LaRock (@LaRock4Delegate) February 11, 2020
Immediately following Lobby Day, these criminals sought to criminalize the free speech of those who called them out over their tyranny.
- Are Virginia Politicians Really So Fragile & Delicate They’d Pass a Bill Making It Illegal to Criticize Them?
- Virginia Governor & Representatives Are Going To Have To Change Their Flag If They Advance Their Unlawful Anti-First Amendment Legislation
- I Called It! Virginia “Blackface” Governor Claims He and “Teams” Saved The Day!
- Watch Virginia’s “Representatives” Conspire Against The People They Serve (Video)
Because Virginia continues to tolerate these criminals in office instead of bringing justice to bear on them, these lawless “lawmakers” will get them coming and going.
- Virginia Patriots Begin Petition To Recall Governor For Infringing On Second Amendment Rights
- 2A Group & Virginia Citizens Defense League File Emergency Injunction Against Governor: “Governor’s Action Is Illegitimate & Cannot Be Allowed To Stand”
Don’t you think it’s time you put a stop to it, Virginia?
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.