This Friday will mark the anniversary of one of the darkest days in the history of our land. It will mark the 43rd anniversary of the horrific opinion in which the Court claimed it was legal for a woman to hire a contract killer to murder the baby residing in her womb. Justices Burger, Douglas, and Stewart filed concurring opinions alongside Blackmun who wrote the majority opinion and was joined by Marshall, Brennan and Powell. It was murder they wrote on January 22, 1973.
Justice White filed a dissenting opinion in which Justice Rehnquist joined.
- The first to meet his maker was Douglas, who died January 19, 1980, just three days shy of the seventh anniversary of that wicked opinion.
- The next was Stewart, dying on December 7, 1985.
- Then the grim reaper took Marshall on January 24, 1993.
- Next was the Chief Justice, Burger dying on June 25, 1995.
- Then Brennan was removed by the hand of God on July 24, 1997.
- Next, the angel of death came for Powell on August 25, 1998.
- And last was the author of that demonic opinion, Blackmun himself, who died on March 4, 1999, 26 years after writing that opinion. These seven men have the blood of tens of millions upon their hands, and I would not want to be in their place come judgment day.
Interesting that the last to die from that Burger court were the two who stood against the decision, standing by the dissenting opinion.
- White, the author of the dissenting opinion, died April 15, 2002.
- Rehnquist, who had become the 16th Chief Justice, died September 3, 2005.
I am reminded of Psalm 37:1-2: “Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.”
But the Supreme Court is not alone in that blood guilt upon our land. What was tragic is that the appropriate response was not forthcoming from Congress, where the House should have impeached and the Senate removed from office all seven Justices. Nor did the Chief Executive respond justly by doing his duty in declaring that opinion null and void. And the State governments also failed because it was there duty to declare it null and void and move forward with prosecution of murder for those committing murder of the preborn children. And the people of our land also failed: they failed to elect those who would not just mouth a pro-life position, but those who would actually have ended the holocaust. We have done too little – God help us, we are guilty of terrible crimes against the Almighty. Our land is under the judgment of God until there is true repentance and an ending of this holocaust. Perhaps that evil in the White House is judgment, perhaps the wicked in black robes across this land are judgment, perhaps the evil legislation that continually pours forth from Congress, as well as from our State Houses, is also judgment, judgment from God.
The Hope for America lies not in the coming Presidential election; it lies only in humble repentance before Almighty God for our multitude of sins. Repentance is the need of the hour. And true repentance would bring a speedy end to the murder of the preborn in our land. The Word of God is clear, He stands against the murder of the innocent, He requires their blood be atoned in that land. He stands against all those who oppress and afflict the most helpless and innocent.
Learn more about your Constitution with Pastor David Whitney and the “Institute on the Constitution” and receive your free gift.
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.