Here’s the Ten Commandments:
- Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
- Thou shalt not take the name of The Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
- Honor thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shall not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shall not steal.
- Thou shall not lie.
- Thou shall not covet.
You can find all these commandments in chapter 20 of the Book of Exodus in the Bible. You should obey these commandments because you love God.
Jesus said in John 14:15, “If ye love Me, keep My Commandments.” If you disobey the Ten Commandments you are sinning against God and will end up going to hell if you do not repent (Matthew 3:2).
Sin is transgressing God‘s Law or the Ten Commandments (I John 3:4).
There’s not many good churches out there preaching the Ten Commandments nowadays.
You can’t know what your sin is until you first know what the Ten Commandments are. That is why they are important. They show you your sin and bring you to Christ.
Galatians 3:24 says, “Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
So, the Ten Commandments show us our sin and our need to repent and put our trust in Christ.
Hope you learned about the Ten Commandments today and why they are important.