Unless you’ve been in a cave the last few days or you only get your news from the mainstream media, I am sure you are well aware of the Planned Parenthood scandal exposed by a secret videotape.
Over lunch and a glass of wine, a Planned Parenthood doctor casually explains how they can sometime preserve body parts of unborn babies that can be sold. She glibly discusses how they sell the heart, the lungs, the liver.
My colleague at the ministry, John Rabe, made a great point the other day about this scandal. Either it will cause a great shift in the national debate on abortion, or it will show us the great searing of the American conscience.
In light of this egregious revelation, here are seven questions I’d like to pose to those who support abortion:
- If the unborn babies are not human, then why is there a market for their body parts? Why would anyone want the heart of a “blob of tissue”? Who cares about the lungs of a “POC” (Product of Conception)? How can a mere “blob of tissue” even have a heart or lungs? Indeed, one thing this scandal does is underscore the humanity of the unborn. Though some try to dehumanize them by calling the unborn fetuses, fetus comes from the Latin foedus, and it means “unborn baby.”
- Do the mothers undergoing the abortion know what is happening to the remains of their dead babies? In fact, how can one retain the maternal instinct and participate in the deliberate destruction of the unborn in the first place? As Mother Teresa once asked, “If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell others not to kill one another?”
- For those who think being pro-abortion rights is the compassionate position, for those who claim to care about those whom Jesus called “the least of these,” how can you be in favor of the wanton slaughter of the unborn? To find out that some of these dead babies are being stripped for body parts for profit adds insult to injury.
- If you say it’s OK to go ahead and sell human parts of the unborn babies for profit, where does society draw the line? Who’s to say an assisted-care facility should not sell parts from deceased patients for profit? Perhaps they could even speed up death in the interest of making money. There is no limit to the evil that could be done if this is acceptable.
- If these aren’t little unborn babies being killed in the Planned Parenthood clinics, then how come someone at the clinic after each abortion has to reassemble all the parts of the aborted baby to make sure nothing is left in the womb, which could cause an infection? Pro-life activist Carol Everett used to work in the abortion field. She once told me, “In the front counseling room, the young woman is asking, ‘Is it a baby?’ And she’s being told, ‘No.’ But in the back, every single baby, as early as it can be done, has to be put back together – the arms, legs, hands, feet, the head, and the spine – to be sure it’s all there. It is a baby.”
- How do they avoid the comparisons to what the Nazis did to those human beings whom they devalued and treated as subhuman? In the book “The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich,” William Shirer dedicates about a dozen pages (pp. 979-991) to some of the medical experiments the Nazis conducted on human beings, usually Jews, in the concentration camps.
For example, experiments were done on men and women, exposing them to freezing conditions to see how soon they would die. All the data were carefully timed and recorded. Any objecting medical personnel with a bothered conscience were removed from their posts by S.S. Chief Heinrich Himmler because they were impeding the (supposed) greater good.
- Why should Planned Parenthood get a lot of their money from taxes? Why should we the people be forced to support such a dehumanizing organization?
He wrote me: “As you can imagine, like so many I was shocked. … Even so, I was not surprised. Both the grisly business of the abortion monolith and its blithe nonchalance in the face of the gruesome reality have been Planned Parenthood’s stock-and-trade since the time of its notorious founder, Margaret Sanger.”
In short, it’s time to stop dehumanizing the unborn. As Mother Teresa put it, “Abortion is a crime that kills not only the child but the consciences of all involved.”
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.