“Communism begins where atheism begins …”
An atheist and humanist group attempted to breathe new deception into the so-called “Jefferson Bible” and force upon the people their purposely revised and distorted version of history.
The group delivered what they call “A Jefferson Bible for the Twenty-First Century” to the 113th Congress, while also adding edited versions of the Quran, the Bhagavad Gita, the Buddhist Sutras and the Book of Mormon.
Apparently, these atheists and secularists have forgotten that those who serve “We the People” place their hand on the Bible while they give their oath of office, ending with “So help me God.”
Setting the record straight
Many university professors purposely indoctrinate their students with the contrived myth that Thomas Jefferson cut the Bible into pieces, sewed together the portions he agreed with and got rid of the rest. However, it must be noted that:
- Thomas Jefferson worked extensively for religious liberty (under the umbrella of Christianity).
- At Jefferson’s request his headstone read, “Author … the Statute of Virginia for religious freedom.”
- Jefferson helped found the Virginia Bible Society and was a substantial financial contributor.
- He had a long history of working with missionaries, specifically those bringing Christianity to the Native Americans.
- To that end, Jefferson took two different Bibles from the White House and created a condensed version of the Gospels, not excluding miracles but taking out redundancies. This was a shortened work titled by Jefferson as “The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth,” not the “Jefferson Bible.”
- The work was then reprinted and given to members of Congress upon taking office, a 50-year tradition that carried into the 20th century.
- It is filled with accounts of miracles, raising the dead, healing lepers, multiplying food for thousands, heaven, hell, the resurrection and the Son of God!
Friends, distorting American history is a deliberate lie, and lying is not permissible by law.
Is the atheist of today under a different set of rules and laws than the American people, namely a law unto themselves?
Case-in-point: A self-proclaimed atheist called in to my radio show and said America is not a Christian nation. I then asked him, “Is it against the law to kill, commit adultery, steal and lie?” He answered, “Yes.” I said, “Who told you that?” I answered, “My Father did” (Exodus 20).
Not only are they enemies to God, but to America as well.
“(H)e is the best friend to American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion (Christianity). … Whosoever is an avowed enemy of God, I (hesitate not) to call him an enemy to his country.”
Why were our forefathers so adamant about placing God and His Laws in the forefront of American government? Because history teaches us that the atheist’s ideology is responsible for the death and destruction of millions of people.
Here are a few examples: 300,000 Italians were murdered under Mussolini’s reign; 20 million Chinese were murdered under Mao Zedong’s reign; and 20 million Russians were murdered under Stalin’s reign – all of whom were atheists.
William Penn’s words prove to be true: “Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants.”
The American people, atheists and secularists included, would do well to remember that those who serve “We the People” also swear to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”
In conclusion, America must take note that atheism was unknown in our nation during its foundation. Benjamin Franklin said: “… serious religion, under its various denominations, is not only tolerated, but respected and practiced. Atheism is unknown. …”
America’s undisputable Christian heritage is right in front of your eyes:
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.