Money is useful. Money is used for both good and bad. However, it is also used to corrupt, especially if you are seeking to keep your crimes and unethical behavior away from public scrutiny. Sadly, the press sometimes succumbs to this as well, which is why I must ask the question: Is nearly a quarter of a million dollars in contributions to Waterman Broadcastings ABC and NBC affiliates in Southwest Florida by the Political Action Committee (PAC) that is supporting appointed Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno’s election campaign the reason they are failing to report on his unethical behavior and documented crimes? Is it the reason that they have failed to even respond to a 10-minute, in-depth, documented, investigative report by FOX 4’s Jane Monreal? Let’s see.
After two years, the case was finally thrown out, but not after it had a chilling effect on the media in the area.
I previously reported on the lawsuit:
In a lengthy report by NBC2 in 2017, it was reported that in Lee County, killers walked free based on information they obtained from the United States Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs Diagnostic Center for the City of Fort Myers.
While they named Russell in their report, the report from the USDJO did not name Russell, but it’s clear that Russell would have been the one to determine whether to prosecute the cases just as he did not see any warrant to prosecute either of the claims of Deanna Williams.
At that time, NBC2 reported:
Catching killers has been a top priority for city leaders and law enforcement since a spike in homicides in 2011.
The NBC2 Investigators discovered that over the past six years the vast majority of Fort Myers homicide suspects never faced justice.
Some community leaders aren’t pointing the finger at police but at 20th Judicial Circuit State Attorney Stephen Russell.
“By and large we’re very successful,” Russell told the NBC2 Investigators in an exclusive interview. “We have a great relationship with law enforcement. We are not trying to shy away from cases.”
Russell has been a prosecutor in Southwest Florida since the 1970s and took the top job when he was elected in 2002.
In a business where conviction rates often determine success, Russell said he keeps an eye on the stats but doesn’t let it impact his judgment.
“I would think that, generally, we have roughly a 90 percent conviction rate,” Russell said. “We look at it, generally, but I’m not going to get hung up on statistics. Each case is different. What I’m concerned about is are we doing the appropriate thing in each case.”
But some homicides never make it to court at all even though police have a suspect, according to sources in the law enforcement community.
The lawsuit was thrown out in June of this year.
However, NBC and ABC in the Ft. Myers area are both owned by Waterman Broadcasting. Yet, they will not run clearly documented crimes, fraud and ethical violations of his office by Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno, which Sons Of Liberty Media has made public and provided documentation to these outlets, of which NBC2 is one of them.
RTDNA is offering its support to Waterman Broadcasting’s WBBH-TV in Fort Myers, Fla., which is being sued for defamation, along with two of its anchors and one of its reporters, by State Attorney Stephen Russell after an investigative report that aired in November left Russell, according to his lawsuit, with “hurt feelings.”
“As the result of the false and defamatory statements made by [WBBH], Russell suffered and will continue to suffer humiliation, mental anguish, hurt feelings, and injury to his reputation,” according to Russell’s suit, which also names Hodges, and WBBH anchors Peter Bush and Kellie Burns-Garvey, as defendants. Russell is seeking unspecified monetary damages.
Waterman Broadcasting, which would not comment for this story, says in its legal filing that “any and all statements made by the Defendants are protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution and also protected by the Florida Constitution.” The station’s filing also asserts that the defendants’ statements in the story “constituted the substantial truth” and that Russell had not claimed the defendants acted “with actual malice,” a key legal standard to prove defamation of a public official.
“RTDNA offers legal assistance to journalists across the country by making available our expert Washington, D.C.-based First Amendment counsel to consult with, and provide advice to, local new organizations’ and journalists’ attorneys,” said Dan Shelley, Incoming Executive Director, who spearheads RTDNA’s Voice of the First Amendment Task Force. The task force was formed to defend against attacks on the First Amendment and news media access, and to help the public better understand why responsible journalism is essential to their daily lives.
“Any time there is an attempt to chill or obstruct the pursuit of responsible journalism, we are willing to stand with and assist the journalists who are targeted,” Shelley said.
Now, the current state attorney, Amira Fox Dijani, a woman whose family is joined at the hip with Islamic terrorists, has failed to prosecute Sheriff Marceno over his felonies spanning more than a decade of impersonating a police officer, which again, Sons Of Liberty Media has documented while both the state attorney’s office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement fail to investigate to prosecute. Fox’s office would not return numerous calls by Sons Of Liberty Media for comment.
Furthermore, Fox got into her current office as it appears that Russell provided her a politically motivated arrest of her challenger, Chris Crowley, over something that Crowley made right before it was ever known by the state attorney’s office.
With that in mind, take a look at the contributions by Conservative Champion Leaders, a PAC that is pushing for the election of Carmine Marceno and their nearly quarter of a million dollars given to Waterman Broadcasting.
On July 31, 2019, the PAC supporting criminal Sheriff Carmine Marceno gave $212,521.25 to Waterman Broadcasting for “Media advertising.” Can we suspect that money was also a form of silencing the media outlet too? I’ll leave that up to the reader.
Since April of this year, the PAC has received money to the tune of $368,852.32.
Understand that this PAC was put in place by Former Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott, and was turned over to be used for the political purposes of Carmine Marceno and possibly others.
The PAC’s chairman is Eric Robinson.
SonsOfLibertyMedia.com reached out to Robinson for comment regarding the payment to Waterman Broadcasting, as well as questioning why the PAC with the title “conservative” in it would support a man that not only can committed multiple documented crimes, but has abused his office by breaking the public trust and even abandoning a woman he impregnated as a result of pursuing her for sex from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and encouraging her to murder their unborn baby. As of the publication of this article, Mr. Robinson has not returned our phone call.
Waterman Broadcasting was also called for a response to ask if the substantial amount of money aided in their decision to not report on the documents showing the Sheriff Marceno had committed fraud, perjury and feloniously impersonated a police officer for well over a decade in the state of Florida, something for which he is under investigation by the Florida Commission on Ethics. Darrel Lieze-Adams – Vice President, News was left a voicemail message questioning whether the money for advertising was also a payment for silence in the matter of the report by FOX4 as well as the documentation of Marceno’s crimes and unethical behavior. As of the writing of this article, no response has been given.
For more documentation on the things that were addressed above, here are previous articles on the subject:
- Florida: Buying & Selling for Profit The Right to Sue a Rape Victim – The Deanna Williams Story
- Judge Tossed Right To Sue Rape Victim – Florida Attorneys Still Pursue Her, Threaten Arrest
- Rape Victim Pursued By Attorney, Who Bought Right To Sue Her, Threatened With Arrest Within 24 Hours – Here’s Why
- Rape Victim Claims Gloria Allred Failed To Honor Agreement – Now She Faces Threats Of Arrest & Judgments Of Over $1 Million
- Why Did The Florida Judicial System Render A Final Judgment Against A Rape Victim Without Giving Her Time To Defend Herself?
- What Do Gloria Allred & A Florida Judge Busted In A Prostitution Sting Have In Common?
- Ousted Oklahoma Judge Turned Florida Attorney Michael Chionopoulos Involved In Possible Malpractice In Depriving Rape Victim Of Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars
- 1 Person Now Dead In Case Against Rape Victim – When Will Governor DeSantis, the Attorney General & Florida Bar Intervene?
- Did Florida Governor & Sean Hannity Drop Support Of Florida Sheriff Carmine Marceno Because He Abused His Power To Pursue Women For Sex & Wanted His Baby Murdered?
- Florida State-Controlled Media Provides Cover For FDLE Report On Lee County Sheriff Regarding Threats In Paternity Suit – Here’s What They Didn’t Report
- Exclusive: Why Is Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Perpetrating This Fraud On The People?
- Exclusive: The Fraud In Lee County Continues – Documents Indicate Sheriff Never Met The Requirements To Be A Police Officer
- Florida “Republicans” Are Apparently OK Supporting Pro-Baby Murder & Corrupt Sheriff
- Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Decorates Himself In Same Fashion As Dictators Of The Past
- The Next Tier In Lee County, Florida Corruption: State Attorney Amira Fox
- Is The State Of Florida Going To Quietly Stand By As This Woman’s Life Hangs In The Balance As They Did With Terri Schiavo?
- Florida Sheriffs Association Silent On Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno’s Fraud
- The Documents SW Florida Media Are Afraid To Show Lee County Citizens About Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Is “Women’s Rights” Attorney Gloria Allred Responsible For Leaving This Woman To Face Over A $1 Million Judgment?
- A Florida Bar Investigator, The State Attorney & A Sheriff – The Corruption Runs Deep
- Joe Biden Dropped Out Of The ’88 Presidential Election For Embellishing His Academic Record – Why Doesn’t Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Drop Out Of His Campaign?
- What Is With Florida Republicans Supporting Frauds, Police Impersonators & Those Tied To Islamic Terrorism?
- Gloria Allred Leaves Florida Woman Hanging Out To Dry While Greedy, Money Hungry Attorneys & Enabling, Corrupt Judges Pursue Her For Over $1 Million (Video)
- Florida Bar Drops The Ball On Attorney Grand Theft Of $200,000… Again!
- Florida Attorney Scott Mager Seems To Make A 6 Figure Job For Himself Against Rape Victim
- Exclusive Bombshell: Lee County Sheriff’s Office Can’t Produce Certification For Sheriff
- Why is Michael Avenatti’s Indictment For Ripping Off A Porn Star National News, But This Story Involving Gloria Allred Faces Blackout?
- Mainstream Media Covers Michael Avenatti “Not Guilty” Plea – Blackout Gloria Allred’s Dumping On Rape Victim
- Florida Department Of Law Enforcement Or Department of Whitewashing & Coverup?
- More Evidence Of Florida Corruption In Case Of Attorney Suing Rape Victim For Profit
- Former Florida State Attorney Refused To Prosecute Rape & Grand Theft From Rape Victim – Sued Local TV Station Over “Hurt Feelings”
- Southwest Florida Media Is Finally Reporting On Corruption We’ve Been Exposing For Months!
- Tonight’s The Night Lee County Sheriff Gets Exposed For The Fraud He Is By Local Media
- Florida County Gets Rocked By Explosive Report Over Fraudulent Sheriff
- Rape Victim Files Bar Complaint Against Florida Attorney Scott Mager Alleging He’s Knowingly In Possession of Six-Figures Of Stolen Funds
- Bombshell: Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Puts People In Danger By Violating Florida Law Concerning Illegals
- Former Lee County Sheriff To File Formal Complaint With Florida Commission On Ethics – Calls For Investigation Of Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Florida Commission On Ethics Receives Complaint Against Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno From Former Sheriff
- Epstein Victims Should Be Wary Of Gloria Allred & Here’s Why
- Documents: Lee County Sheriff’s Office & Florida State Attorney’s Office Completely Dropped The Ball On Victim Of Grand Theft
- Lee County Arrests Police Captain For Prostitution & Perjury – Criminal Sheriff Carmine Marceno Still In Place
- Florida: “Constitutional” “Republicans” To Turn Out In “Support” & “Honor” Of A Documented Felon Who Wanted His Own Child Murdered
- Former Lee County Sheriff Urges Senator Rick Scott To Back Off Support For Criminal Sheriff He Appointed
- Florida Ethics Commission Investigating Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Former Lee County Sheriff to FDLE: Sheriff Carmine Marceno Has Engaged In “The Biggest Fraud Perpetrated On Police Officer Standards & Training I Have Ever Seen”
- The Guardian Finally Makes A National Story About Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno’s Crimes That We’ve Reported On For Months! – Will Gloria Allred Be Next?
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.