As the cries from retired Lee County Sheriff’s Office deputies grow for the investigation and resignation of appointed, interim Sheriff Carmine Marceno due to his fraud, perjury, unethical behavior and criminal activity, another voice has joined that chorus of honorable men: retired LCSO Major Carmen McKinney.
On Sunday evening, McKinney sent out a letter to media outlets in the area calling on Marceno to resign, and though he has not thrown his hat in the race nor has a desire to be in it, he did say he was leaving that option open should Marceno not do the right thing and step aside.
In a letter dated October 1, 2019, to Sheriff Marceno that was sent by certified mail, McKinney gave Marceno two weeks to resign.
“I have over 34 years of experience as a law enforcement officer with numerous assignments within the Lee County Sheriff Office that include (3) years with Internal Affairs and over twenty (20) years in various commands,” McKinney wrote, showing that he is an able and competent person to review and investigation the fraud and ethics violations of Marceno.
“Your actions involving a female victim that was seeking law enforcement assistance and your falsified applications and work history are clearly violations of the prescribed standards of professional conduct,” McKinney continued.
“While assigned to Internal Affairs, I handled similar cases that involved the types of behavior you have displayed,” he added. “The officers involved in this non-professional conduct were relieved of their duty and in some cases arrested.”
He then pointed out the seriousness of Marceno’s behavior.
“What compounds this issue is that you have been entrusted to the position of Interim Sheriff and with that entrustment comes an obligation on your part to not only enforce professional conduct but also to comply and adhere to that professional conduct,” McKinney wrote.
He then gave Marceno two weeks to comply with his request or he would make the request known to the general public.
“I have no desire to cause damage to your reputation but I do have a strong desire to protect the reputation of the Lee County Sheriff Office and those that are currently serving and those that have served,” the letter concluded.
Too late, his reputation is already damaged, but everyone gets the point.
Letter to Carmine Marceno by Tim Brown on Scribd
Additionally, McKinney provided a letter to the editor of media outlets, which you may read below, as well as his own resume to demonstrate that he is not only qualified to investigate and come to conclusions concerning the behavior of Marceno, but also qualified and experienced enough to be sheriff, should he decide to pursue that route.
Mr. McKinney rightly calls on churches, the business community, politicians, and member of law enforcement and citizens of Lee County to expect and demand moral and ethical standards, of which Carmine Marceno has not measured up.
He also asked why the free press in the area has failed to do their job and report on this important story to inform the people of the crimes being committed in their midst by the appointed “top cop” in Lee County.
Finally, McKinney appealed, “Those that are in public offices have an accountability to the citizens that they serve and those that are in leadership of a public office have even a higher accountability; not only to the public but to those employees that are a part of that public office. The first step in corruption is the decay of moral and ethical standards. It is the pathway that will get you there. If this conduct goes unchallenged you will have opened that pathway.”
Amen! That’s exactly right!
Letter to Media concerning … by Tim Brown on Scribd
Resume of Carmen McKinney by Tim Brown on Scribd
Former Lee County Sheriff Rod Shoap has also written numerous letters to Governor Ron DeSantis, FDLE, the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission and the Florida Commission on Ethics. They have resulted in at least two investigations, possibly three being opened on Marceno’s ethics violations, as well as his criminal fraud.
Last week, retired Lieutenant and Dr. Lee Bushong penned a lengthy letter, and documented Marceno’s felony fraud. He explained it in two radio interviews that you can listen to here.
Marceno Complaint No Add1 by Tim Brown on Scribd
For more documentation into Marceno and the investigation that led to uncovering his fraud, crimes and corruption in my reporting of the story of Deanna Williams, visit these previous reports.
- Florida: Buying & Selling for Profit The Right to Sue a Rape Victim – The Deanna Williams Story
- Judge Tossed Right To Sue Rape Victim – Florida Attorneys Still Pursue Her, Threaten Arrest
- Rape Victim Pursued By Attorney, Who Bought Right To Sue Her, Threatened With Arrest Within 24 Hours – Here’s Why
- Rape Victim Claims Gloria Allred Failed To Honor Agreement – Now She Faces Threats Of Arrest & Judgments Of Over $1 Million
- Why Did The Florida Judicial System Render A Final Judgment Against A Rape Victim Without Giving Her Time To Defend Herself?
- What Do Gloria Allred & A Florida Judge Busted In A Prostitution Sting Have In Common?
- Ousted Oklahoma Judge Turned Florida Attorney Michael Chionopoulos Involved In Possible Malpractice In Depriving Rape Victim Of Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars
- 1 Person Now Dead In Case Against Rape Victim – When Will Governor DeSantis, the Attorney General & Florida Bar Intervene?
- Did Florida Governor & Sean Hannity Drop Support Of Florida Sheriff Carmine Marceno Because He Abused His Power To Pursue Women For Sex & Wanted His Baby Murdered?
- Florida State-Controlled Media Provides Cover For FDLE Report On Lee County Sheriff Regarding Threats In Paternity Suit – Here’s What They Didn’t Report
- Exclusive: Why Is Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Perpetrating This Fraud On The People?
- Exclusive: The Fraud In Lee County Continues – Documents Indicate Sheriff Never Met The Requirements To Be A Police Officer
- Florida “Republicans” Are Apparently OK Supporting Pro-Baby Murder & Corrupt Sheriff
- Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Decorates Himself In Same Fashion As Dictators Of The Past
- The Next Tier In Lee County, Florida Corruption: State Attorney Amira Fox
- Is The State Of Florida Going To Quietly Stand By As This Woman’s Life Hangs In The Balance As They Did With Terri Schiavo?
- Florida Sheriffs Association Silent On Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno’s Fraud
- The Documents SW Florida Media Are Afraid To Show Lee County Citizens About Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Is “Women’s Rights” Attorney Gloria Allred Responsible For Leaving This Woman To Face Over A $1 Million Judgment?
- A Florida Bar Investigator, The State Attorney & A Sheriff – The Corruption Runs Deep
- Joe Biden Dropped Out Of The ’88 Presidential Election For Embellishing His Academic Record – Why Doesn’t Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Drop Out Of His Campaign?
- What Is With Florida Republicans Supporting Frauds, Police Impersonators & Those Tied To Islamic Terrorism?
- Gloria Allred Leaves Florida Woman Hanging Out To Dry While Greedy, Money Hungry Attorneys & Enabling, Corrupt Judges Pursue Her For Over $1 Million (Video)
- Florida Bar Drops The Ball On Attorney Grand Theft Of $200,000… Again!
- Florida Attorney Scott Mager Seems To Make A 6 Figure Job For Himself Against Rape Victim
- Exclusive Bombshell: Lee County Sheriff’s Office Can’t Produce Certification For Sheriff
- Why is Michael Avenatti’s Indictment For Ripping Off A Porn Star National News, But This Story Involving Gloria Allred Faces Blackout?
- Mainstream Media Covers Michael Avenatti “Not Guilty” Plea – Blackout Gloria Allred’s Dumping On Rape Victim
- Florida Department Of Law Enforcement Or Department of Whitewashing & Coverup?
- More Evidence Of Florida Corruption In Case Of Attorney Suing Rape Victim For Profit
- Former Florida State Attorney Refused To Prosecute Rape & Grand Theft From Rape Victim – Sued Local TV Station Over “Hurt Feelings”
- Southwest Florida Media Is Finally Reporting On Corruption We’ve Been Exposing For Months!
- Tonight’s The Night Lee County Sheriff Gets Exposed For The Fraud He Is By Local Media
- Florida County Gets Rocked By Explosive Report Over Fraudulent Sheriff
- Rape Victim Files Bar Complaint Against Florida Attorney Scott Mager Alleging He’s Knowingly In Possession of Six-Figures Of Stolen Funds
- Bombshell: Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Puts People In Danger By Violating Florida Law Concerning Illegals
- Former Lee County Sheriff To File Formal Complaint With Florida Commission On Ethics – Calls For Investigation Of Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Florida Commission On Ethics Receives Complaint Against Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno From Former Sheriff
- Epstein Victims Should Be Wary Of Gloria Allred & Here’s Why
- Documents: Lee County Sheriff’s Office & Florida State Attorney’s Office Completely Dropped The Ball On Victim Of Grand Theft
- Lee County Arrests Police Captain For Prostitution & Perjury – Criminal Sheriff Carmine Marceno Still In Place
- Florida: “Constitutional” “Republicans” To Turn Out In “Support” & “Honor” Of A Documented Felon Who Wanted His Own Child Murdered
- Former Lee County Sheriff Urges Senator Rick Scott To Back Off Support For Criminal Sheriff He Appointed
- Florida Ethics Commission Investigating Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Former Lee County Sheriff to FDLE: Sheriff Carmine Marceno Has Engaged In “The Biggest Fraud Perpetrated On Police Officer Standards & Training I Have Ever Seen”
- The Guardian Finally Makes A National Story About Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno’s Crimes That We’ve Reported On For Months! – Will Gloria Allred Be Next?
- Is This The Reason SouthWest Florida Media Is Silent About The Crimes & Unethical Behavior Of Carmine Marceno?
- Former Sheriff Provides Florida Ethics Investigator Additional Evidence Of Criminal & Ethics Violations By Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Florida: Sheriff That Violated Ethics & State Law Fires Clerk After Her Arrest & Policy Violations
- Florida: Attorneys Could Collectively Face Over 100 Years In Prison For Grand Theft, Possession Of Stolen Funds & Fraud
- Former Lee County Sheriff Files “Police Officer Certification Fraud” Complaint With FDLE Against Appointed Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Did Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno Obstruct Justice Or Was This Complete Incompetence – Or Both? (Audio)
- Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno’s Education Fraud May Now Include Perjury
- Former Sheriff Files Fraud Complaint With Florida Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission Against Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- Office Of Executive Investigations Launches Investigation Into Fraud Concerning Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno
- #MeToo Florida: Woman Pleads For Florida AG Ashley Moody To Give Her Access To Law Enforcement After Corrupt Sheriff Took Advantage Of Her
- Florida: Is The State Attorney, The Lee County Sheriff’s Office Or The Judge To Blame For Releasing A Criminal Who Committed A Double Murder?
- Former Lee County Deputy Dumps The Entire Carmine Marceno Criminal File On Florida Governor, AG & FDLE In Stunning New Letter
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.