The United Nations is badly over budget.
Oh, the horror!
An organization that has morphed into more of a worldwide governing body, rather than a peace keeping organization, is struggling to stay solvent.
While I struggle to find a donation link (blatant sarcasm), let me report what we know at this point.
According to Agency Free Press:
United Nations (United States) (AFP) – The United Nations is running a deficit of $230 million, Secretary General Antonio Guterres said on Monday, and may run out of money by the end of October.
In a letter intended for the 37,000 employees at the UN secretariat and obtained by AFP, Guterres said unspecified “additional stop-gap measures” would have to be taken to ensure salaries and entitlements are paid.
“Member States have paid only 70 per cent of the total amount needed for our regular budget operations in 2019. This translates into a cash shortage of $230 million at the end of September. We run the risk of depleting our backup liquidity reserves by the end of the month,” he wrote.
To cut costs, Guterres mentioned postponing conferences and meetings and reducing services, while also restricting official travel to only essential activities and taking measures to save energy.
Guterres had asked member states earlier this year to up contributions to the world body to head off cash flow problems, but they refused, a UN official said on condition of anonymity.
“The ultimate responsibility for our financial health lies with Member States,” Guterres said.
Not including what it pays for peacekeeping operations, the UN’s operating budget for 2018-2019 is close to $5.4 billion, with the United States contributing 22 percent.
If the UN runs out of money, what ever will we do with the billion+ dollar checks we write them annually?
The UN has gone from a peace keeping organization, as originally intended, to an organization that pushes globalism, Islamic values, and leftist worldviews with the support of American Tax Dollars!
- “Our duty is to obey the United Nations,” Says Pope Francis — What Kind Of New World Order Thinking Is That?
- Media Blackout As US Agrees To ‘Full Implementation’ of United Nations Gun Control Pact
- Is The United Nations A World “Blessing” Or The People’s Nemesis?
- United Nations: President Trump Is ‘Worst Perpetrator Of False Information’ On Earth!
- United Nations Pushes Geoengineering As Last Ditch Effort to Save Humanity
- United Nations: A $240 Per Gallon Gas Tax Is Needed To Fight Climate Change
- United Nations: OIC Foreign Ministers Adopt Statement Demanding Respect For Islam
I’m sure we can find a better place to spend about 1.2 billion dollars annually.
The United Nations would be “out of business” for sure if we pulled that funding.
Just an idea…
Article posted with permission from Dean Garrison
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.