A while back a comedian by the name of Jeff Foxworthy made us laugh at ourselves while he made a lot of money observing truth of life. His comedy shtick was called, ‘You might be a Redneck, If…‘ and proceeded to list ‘slice of life’ items that made us laugh cause they contained truth. Here’s only 10 in no particular order.
You might be a redneck If:
- You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk.
- You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren’t.
- You own a homemade fur coat.
- The Salvation Army declines your mattress.
- Your schools fight song was Dueling Banjo’s
- The taillight covers on your car are made of red tape
- You’ve ever financed a tattoo
- Your dog and your wallet are both on a chain
- Redman Chewing tobacco sends you a Christmas Card
- Your house doesn’t have curtains, but your truck does
And on and on….quite amusing I think we all would agree.
Why is it that religions want to all condemn those “homosexuals and queers” as Abominations? Why would they say that? “Because God says so,” might be their answer. Then ask them, where does it say that in The Bible? Chances are they won’t know the exact chapter and verse, yet, they will have to go back to that Old Testament to get it (the left side of the book), you know that part of the book that modern religion teaches is old, and done away with. That “Law thing” that we’re not ‘under’ anymore cause our homeboy ‘Jesus’ took care of that and we’re now under grace.
Why is it that modern religion want to throw out that ‘Law’ cause it’s so burdensome and done away with, yet, stay in the left side of the book to take up the tithe of people’s money at the same time and say homosexuals are abominations. Sounds like selective religious amnesia to me, choosing to remember what we want to remember and choosing to forget what we want to forget.
While the Word of The Creator does list a host of behaviors as abominations in Leviticus 18, I’ve come up with another list of 10 other Abominations that we might want to review before we go to that ‘Big A’ in Lev. 18. So here goes, I’ll only do 10, there are more!
Did you know? ‘You might be an abomination if you have lying lips!’ (Proverbs 12:22 )
- Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who act faithfully are his delight.
You might be an abomination if you have wicked thoughts! (Proverbs 15:26)
- The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD, but gracious words are pure.
You might be an abomination if you have Pride! Proverbs 16:5
Your Money might be an abomination! Proverbs 20:10
Unequal weights and unequal measures are both alike an abomination to the LORD.
- Remind me again, what’s the standard for US money?
Your Prayers might be an abomination! (Proverbs 28:9)
- If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.
- (You still want to say The Law is done away with? (Matt 5 17-20)
- If Prayer is America’s only hope, how are we doing? Prayer wouldn’t have saved Sodom & Gomorrah, but 10 Righteous people would have! (Gen 18:32)
- ‘If MY people would turn from their wicked ways!’
Your Food might be an abomination! (Deuteronomy 14:3)
- “You shall not eat any abomination.
(Jesus never ate a pork chop nor a BLT, Thank God! That would have defiled the pure acceptable sacrifice!) Jesus also never spoke in parenthesis! (Mark 7:19)
Neither did Peter! Peter’s vision wasn’t about food, it was about racism!
Didn’t this whole mess start over obedience over a food issue (Genesis 3)?
Your Worship might be an abomination! (Deuteronomy 17:3-4)
- ‘and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden, and it is told you and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abomination has been done in Israel.’
Walt Disney cartoons might be an abomination! (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
- ‘There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.”
- Yes, I have watched them, yes I have let my family watch them (Acts 17:30).
Dare I say your Fleur DeLis, Gold Crucifix, Rabbit’s foot could be an abomination (Deuteronomy 27:15)!
- “Cursed be the man who makes a carved or cast metal image, an abomination to the LORD, a thing made by the hands of a craftsman, and sets it up in secret.” And all the people shall answer and say, ‘Amen.'”
- What does the Easter Bunny and Ashtoreth trees have to do with righteousness? (Want to be the 1 in 10?)
- See 8-B
Your words may be an abomination! (Proverbs 16:6)
- “a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among the brothers.”
(Might want to think about what you say about someone before you say it!)
As you can see, these aren’t as funny as Jeff Foxworthy’s, yet they are just as true since they are the Words of The Creator, who speaks only Truth. There are more. My point is ‘if’ we who profess belief in the Creator from The Beginning of The Book would check our own abominations, then possibly, quite possibly, those other abominations wouldn’t have a foothold to grow in The Body, The Kingdom and The Land.
Finally, Homosexuality wasn’t the root problem in Sodom and Gomorrah! It was Pride, Abundance food & stuff, a lot of idle time and selfishness (Ezekiel 16:49).
Be part of the solution. Obey because you Love Him! Not to be ‘saved’, because you are saved (John 14:15)!
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.