Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Something’s Up: American And Russian Leaders Are Suddenly Pulled Into Emergency Meetings As War Rumors Escalate

Written by:

Published on: July 3, 2019

Why are top officials in both the United States and Russia suddenly being pulled into emergency meetings?  At this moment rumors are flying all over the Internet, and we have very little solid information about what is really going on.  In this article, I will share what we know so far, but as we learn more the picture will inevitably become a lot clearer.  On Tuesday President Trump didn’t have any public events scheduled, and that was a bit strange, but Vice President Mike Pence was supposed to appear at an event in New Hampshire.  Unfortunately, that trip was suddenly canceled after Pence had already boarded the plane, and Pence was ordered to return to the White House

In the immediate aftermath of his abrupt cancellation of an event in New Hampshire, the reasons for Vice President Mike Pence’s reversal are still unknown.

The White House has stayed mum on why Pence was called back to the White House, declining to elaborate at all on the reason for the change of plans.

I cannot recall the last time something like this happened.  According to a top Pence aide, we will know the reason why the trip was canceled “in a few weeks”.

Trending: So, You Want to Cause a Social Justice Warrior Meltdown & Then Enjoy the Fireworks?

What in the world does that mean, and why did President Trump need to meet with Mike Pence so urgently?

Meanwhile, Russian President Vladimir Putin “called an urgent meeting” with his top military officials on Tuesday…

Vladimir Putin today called an urgent meeting with defence chiefs hours after 14 sailors died in a mystery submarine blast.

The Russian leader cancelled his schedule for a meeting with his defence minister Sergei Shoigu.

If the story about “a mystery submarine blast” is accurate, then this sudden gathering makes sense.  Here is more about this incident from Time Magazine

Fire broke out on one of the Russian navy’s deep-sea research submersibles, and toxic fumes from the blaze killed 14 sailors aboard, Russia’s Defense Ministry said Tuesday, although it released few details about the disaster or the vessel involved.

The Defense Ministry did not say how many sailors were aboard the vessel during Monday’s fire, whether there were any survivors or if it was submerged at the time. But Russian media reported it was the country’s most secret submersible, a nuclear-powered vessel designed for sensitive missions at great depths.

But could it be possible that there is something additional that we aren’t being told?

This is where it gets very strange.  DEBKA is claiming that their military sources are reporting that there was a confrontation between a U.S. submarine and a Russian submarine, and that it resulted in the U.S. submarine being hit by a torpedo

First reports reaching DEBKAfile’s military sources say that a US submarine intercepted a Russian nuclear sub in American waters opposite Alaska. The Russian sub escorting the nuclear submarine responded with a Balkan 2000 torpedo and scuttled the US vessel. Urgent consultations in both the White House and the Kremlin were taking place on Tuesday night. US Vice President Mike Pence called off an appearance in  New Hampshire after being recalled to Washington for a conference called by President Donald Trump without explanation.

Russian President Vladimir Putin cancelled an engagement and headed for the Kremlin to confer with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and military chiefs, after learning that 14 submariners died in a fire that broke out on a nuclear-powered “experimental submarine in Russian waters.” This account carried in Russian media varies in most respects from the first reports reaching this site and may refer to a separate incident. They report between 14 and 17 members of an AS-12 nuclear powered submarine died of poisonous fumes caused by a fire aboard the vessel. The submarine was described as experimental and unarmed but often used in spy missions. It is unclear how many of the 25 crew survived.

At this point, we have zero confirmation of DEBKA’s report.

Could it be possible that DEBKA got this completely wrong?

We shall see.

Meanwhile, we do know that Israel has continued to strike Iranian targets inside Syria, and DEBKA is reporting that the Israelis hit a total of 10 targets early on Monday

One of Israel’s largest attacks is reported by Syrian sources to have swept across 10 targets across the country early Monday, July 1. They included Damascus Mezza military airport; Iranian and Hizballah military facilities at Al Kiswa south of Damascus; the base of the Syrian 1st Division; the Syrian military “research” institute at Jumriyah; military facilities at Siniya; and a chain of Hizballah bases in the Qalamoun Mts straddling the Syrian -Lebanese frontier, as well as bases in the Homs district.

The attacks were said to have been conducted by Israeli jets from Lebanese air space and naval vessels. Syrian sources reported that four people were killed in the attack and its air defense systems intercepted some of the incoming Israeli missiles. They described powerful explosions and huge fires at Iranian Revolutionary Guards and Hizballah bases in the Qalamoun Mts and ambulances streaming to the scene.

There have been persistent rumors that the U.S. and Israel are both moving toward taking military action against Iran’s nuclear program, and at this point it appears that even the Europeans are losing patience.

The following comes from a joint statement that was just released by France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the European External Action Service

The Foreign Ministers of France, Germany, the UK, and the High Representative are extremely concerned at Iran’s announcement that it has exceeded the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action stockpile limit for low enriched uranium. The International Atomic Energy Agency has confirmed this information.

We have been consistent and clear that our commitment to the nuclear deal depends on full compliance by Iran. We regret this decision by Iran, which calls into question an essential instrument of nuclear non-proliferation.

We urge Iran to reverse this step and to refrain from further measures that undermine the nuclear deal. We are urgently considering next steps under the terms of the JCPoA in close coordination with other JCPoA participants.

We truly do live in a time of “wars and rumors of wars”, and as I noted yesterday, it may already be too late to stop war with Iran.

Let’s hope that isn’t true, but without a doubt events are beginning to spiral out of control.

Iran just crossed a critical uranium enrichment threshold, and the U.S. and Israel have both warned that they will take military action to stop Iran’s nuclear program if that is what is necessary.

As I keep saying, the clock is ticking, and World War 3 could be just right around the corner.

Article posted with permission from Michael Snyder

Become an insider!

Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.

Don't forget to like SonsOfLibertyMedia.com on Facebook, Google+, & Twitter.
The opinions expressed in each article are the opinions of the author alone and do not necessarily reflect those of SonsOfLibertyMedia.com.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Trending on The Sons of Liberty Media

Send this to a friend