This is clearly a violation of the First Amendment, but the tyrants don’t care and it doesn’t seem the People are pushing back on it either. According to writer Daniel Lazare, American journalists are being threatened with six-figure fines by the US Treasury for writing for the “wrong” websites.
- First They Cut Out Your Tongue, Cut Off Your Ears & Remove Your Eyes – Then They Cut Off Your Head!
- Despite Mass Censorship, Robert F. Kennedy’s New Book On Fauci’s Crimes Is #1 Best Seller Across Major Platforms
- Censorship is the Last Gasp of the Liberal Class
- The Secret “No Fly List” For The Internet: Big Tech is Censoring Americans Using UN “Law”
RT has the story.
Lazare and other US journalists who’ve written for the Strategic Culture Foundation, a website that describes itself as a “research platform on Eurasian global affairs,” recently received threatening letters from the Treasury Department warning they could be on the hook for at least $300,000 in sanctions penalties, he told RT on Sunday.
“It’s impossible to battle the US Treasury in this kind of case,” Lazare said, pointing out that the Treasury’s power was “enormous,” while “that of an individual freelance journalist is microscopic.” Citing the “chilling effect” of merely receiving such a document, he pointed out that few journalists would even acknowledge being thus targeted, never mind coming forward to do an interview about it, as he had.
They’re unwilling to write, and they’re unwilling to talk about why they’re too afraid to write.
Washington had targeted the website and several others with a round of sanctions in April, claiming it was involved in election interference, controlled by Russia’s foreign intelligence service, SVR, and connected to the Russian Foreign Ministry – a claim the foundation denies.
Lazare was most concerned about the precedent such heavy-handed tactics set for the US’ once-staunch defense of the right to a free press, which is enshrined in the First Amendment to the Constitution and had previously been upheld in the courts.
“To stop journalists from writing for these kinds of websites is a new step,” he said. “I was surprised, because the United States, in fact, has a very good track record when it comes to a free press. In America, we can say anything we want,” he continued, noting that he could mock current and former presidents “and not have to worry about the secret police crashing through my door.”
“But now things may be changing slightly – and that doesn’t augur well.”
These are very dangerous times we live in.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange faced a ruling in a UK court to extradite him to a country that spoke openly about his assassination… the US. He subsequently suffered a stroke as well.
- UK Court Rules Julian Assange Can Be Extradited To The Same Country That Plotted To Assassinate Him
- Julian Assange’s Father On US Government’s Scandalous Plan To Murder His Son: “These People Want To Destroy Julian & Destroy Wikileaks” (Video)
- CIA Plan To Kidnap Or Assassinate Julian Assange Exposed By Multiple US Intelligence Officials
- Remember When the US Government & Media Called For Julian Assange To Get A “Bullet In The Brain”?
The People must bring the tyrants to justice and do it soon or we are all going to be the target of the American crime syndicate.
The good news in all of this is that it is demonstrating that the Truth is a threat to the establishment, which means those of us telling the truth are scaring them and they are acting irrationally.
Become an insider!
Sign up to get breaking alerts from Sons of Liberty Media.